I was commissioned to create RPG Maker Overlays for Fractured Worlds: The Nether Sky, to assist the main Overlay Artists workload. I used to play with RPG maker years ago back in the days of 2003 and XP, so I had some familiarity and accepted the commission. It was a very different experience than my usual work but I enjoyed it overall. The process involved turning standard, tile based RPG maker maps, into something less obviously tile restricted, and with proper lighting and such. Occasionally I would need to compose new images of objects to place into the scenes.
Here’s an example of a before and after:
Now as for what Fractured Worlds: The Nether Sky is, I’ll let it’s creator CrazyChameleon tell you some stuff;
Take on the role of Victor Khalder a young man finding his way in the world whose sudden discovery thrusts him into a desperate situation. The arrival of an unknown army possessing unbelievable technology and the awakening of age old gods from slumber plunges the world into chaos! As all but unnoticed some unseen hand directs the soulless armies of the Chosen against the divided strongholds of humanity. Weak from constant corruption and war…
— Game features —
– Many hours of playable content. Demo constitutes about 10% of the full game.
– 12 H-Scenes. Currently mostly M/F but with some Futa and M/M.
– All CG SFW and NSFW are in HD 1920×1080 resolution. As is the game itself.
– A serviceable crafting system that feeds into the lore of the game and teaches you about the technology and politics of the world.
– The ability to recruit monster girls and monster boys that shine in battle and in the bedroom!
– Beautiful artistic overlays that bring the world to life!
– A cast of unique characters each accompanied by their own purpose built character art.
And while I currently am not regularly active in the project, I highly recommend checking out the Patreon page to see the other art and H-scenes made by artists like 5-ish, Asera, DarklyWhite, Micheal Abom, and Aekashics. And definitely consider supporting the project!
Here’s some additional screenshots of backgrounds I made for the game.